Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sun Stand Still

If your not a part of the Elevation family, then you probably haven't heard of an astounding movement beginning called Sun Stand Still. This vision, birthed in Pastor Steven Furtick, is all about audacious faith; daring to ask God for the impossible.

In a conversation with a friend last night we talked about how so many Christians pray simple prayers. "God please let me get to work on time." "Please keep me safe from harm." "Lord please give be a higher salary." "If You would just this once get me out of this situation, I promise I wont ever....." You know the story. We've all done it, and personally that's the only way a lot of us were taught to pray. I never knew about audacious prayer. I never knew that you had to act in faith on prayers. I thought once you said it that was it.

Somewhere we have failed. Somewhere we stopped truly believing in God's sovereign power. We get so caught up in the simple things that we underestimate God's power to do the impossible in our lives and end up not even bothering to praying about it.

This is an outright shame and a downright insult to God. He made the sun stand still, the oceans part. He's brought the dead back to life, healed the diseased, and rescued the lost. We see it in His Word, yet we don't believe He could do any of that today.

We are wrong.

The world is waiting for this generation to rise up for the glory of God. I truly believe that God is raising up an audacious generation to reach the world in our time, right here, right now.

I can't even begin to think of how many people's lives will be challenged and changed by the message of audacious faith. I can only hope and trust that in God's time, this generation will truly be conquerors for Jesus Christ. We have yet to see what God can do when we dare to ask Him for the impossible.

The best is yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment