Thursday, January 05, 2012

Back in Action!


Well, I think I've took a long enough break from the blog world! I am still amazed at how fast things when you follow Jesus. So for my first blog back I'm just going to update all of those who might not keep up with me. :)

This past November I was give the opportunity to head back to Haiti shortly after our one week team returned in October. One of the missionaries down there had to come back to the states and they needed a teacher to fill in for her while she was gone. As most of you know, I gladly and enthusiastically volunteered myself. Little did I know that the month I would be filling would be the time God would stretch me the most I've ever been stretched in my walk with Christ. To keep things short, let’s just say I saw God move in me and through me in ways like never before, and as a result I have come to know God more fully and His over exceeding capability to fulfill an Ephesians 3:20 promise!
I will probably post some excerpts from my writings that month soon to come, so keep your eyes open! 

During the time I was filling in I was actually invited to come back this next semester and take over the preschool program. After much prayer and a lot of back and forth time with Jesus, I have committed to return to Canaan and teach from January to May. The thought of being in Haiti for four months straight both excites me and scares me to death. I know that it will be a time of continued stretching, but also a time of seeing God move greatly. And there is nothing more I want in life than to witness and participate in a move of God. I know that God has great things in store for Canaan, and I want nothing more than to be an initiator of change to push Canaan to being a place where Jesus is overflowing from. From not only being a loving oasis for children, but being a sending place of world changers for the glory of God. 

The best is yet to come! 



No comments:

Post a Comment