Friday, February 19, 2010

Happy Birthday PF!

Today is the 30th birthday of an astounding man of God and of my biggest and most influential role model, Pastor Steven Furtick. God has used him in extraordinary ways to bring hope and healing into the lives of millions. But more personal to me, God has spoken life and vision through this man into my life. Through Elevation Church and Pastor Steven's leadership and commitment to the Gospel I have been able to really connect and grow in my relationship with God. It's enable me to see the purpose and plan that God has for my life and I can't even begin to imagine where God is going to take me. Today I'd like to share with you, in honor of Pastor Steven, the biggest and most influential thing God has used to inspire me through him. 


"Don't build your life for where you are, 
build your life for where God is going to take you!"
 -Pastor Steven Furtick, from Purple People Leader series 

I'm going to be honest and say there are days that I really struggle with the huge calling God has put on my life. Days where I don't understand why He would use someone like me for a greater purpose. Days where I have no idea what I'm to do next. And a lot of days where I am so on fire for God that I just wish the whole process would hurry up so that I could go out and make a huge impact for the glory of God. Pastor Steven has helped me see that every day is a day that prepares you and that gives you the opportunity to work on the little things that will eventually make a huge impact. Through Pastor Steven, God has given me the courage and passion to act. To go out and make a difference, even if you can't see the results of it yet. That's where this quote really hit my life. Build your life for where God is going to take you, don't get consumed with the routine of daily life and forget that God has a bigger and better plan for your life! Don't take to heart the opinions of others and whether or not they think you are crazy, God will use you in great ways, but you have to be able to stick to the path, to not focus on what people say now or what obstacles are thrown your way. Keep your eyes fixed on Jesus and on the plan and purpose God has for you, He will take you further than you could ever fathom! 


No comments:

Post a Comment