Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Timeless Truth

I truly believe that hatred accomplishes nothing. It's not helping the person you hate and it's definitely not helping you! In my morning reading I came across a absolutely flawless truth:
 "Hatred stirs up trouble, but love forgives all wrongs."  
-Proverbs 10:12. 
Growing up I had a really bad tendency of holding grudges. If someone did me wrong, it was very unlikely I would even attempt to make up with them or even talk to them. I think that is how most of our society is today and it shows. The most detrimental thing you can do to yourself is to hold a grudge, hate, and not forgive.  I've learned from experience that it ends up hurting you a lot more than the person it's geared towards. It's not worth it! It takes a bolder person to forgive and love those that have hurt you, than to be a person of hate. You don't have to like what they did. You don't even have to think they deserve your love and forgiveness, but love them for who they are, good or bad. Your love towards others is a decision you make, not a privilege someone else earns! Love those around you and especially those that have done you wrong. Don't let hatred build up inside of you, it's not worth ruining yourself for what somewhat else did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment