Thursday, April 22, 2010

Reality Check

I am sorry for not posting all week! It has been a very odd week. I went to the doctor because I wasn't feeling too well early this week and he put me on an antibiotic, which I have now had two reactions to. So a few missed classes, unknown symptoms, and a EGK later, here I am! Please pray that all of the unusual things are said and done, and that my grades won't suffer too much either! Anyway, God's been teaching me a lot about love this week. You might have done this before, but this is a perfect reality check for us all; replace your name in 1 Corinthians 13: 4-7.  I have started doing it every morning to set myself mentally and spiritually right for the day. Give it a try, it really puts the life we are called to lead and the one you are living into perspective! 


______ is patient and kind.
 ______is not jealous, _____ does not brag, and is not proud.
 _________ is not rude, is not selfish, and does not get upset with others.  ________does not count up wrongs that have been done.
 _________ takes no pleasure in evil but rejoices over the truth.
 ______patiently accepts all things.
 ______ always trusts, always hopes, and always endures.


Always remember that love is God's greatest command! People should know us by our love, first and foremost! For many unbelievers, you might be the only example of Jesus they have. When we do not love, but claim to know God we risk an entire generation's understanding of Jesus! Always remember God's command to "live a life of love." 2 John 1:6.


No comments:

Post a Comment