Thursday, May 06, 2010

My Prayer for the Nation

So, even thought its not "officially" the National Day of Prayer anymore, we're still going to act like it. So as people across our nation are praying for America, I thought I'd share my prayer for the nation. 


Lord, today I ask that your people, 
every individual on this earth,
 made in your image and likeness,
 would come to know you, not just know about you.
 Lord, I pray that  they would humble themselves
 and seek your guidance and direction in their lives.
 I pray that your people would turn back to you in prayer, 
to know the power of a direct link to you.
 I pray that they would see the potential you have for them
and that they would change their destructive ways. 
I pray that this land would know your love
and would show it in their daily lives. 
Lord, I pray that these things would happen
because we know that according to Your Word
 in 2 Chronicles 7:14* that 
You will forgive your people, 
even those so far gone,
that You will heal this land
from corruption and destruction,
from hunger and poverty,
from hurt and pain, 
from crime and selfishness.
Lord, I pray this is the righteousness name
of Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior,
who overcame the grave,
and who is surly the solution this nation needs.


* "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face 
and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven 
and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

No comments:

Post a Comment