Monday, November 01, 2010

Haiti Journal: Return to the States


Oct.10, 2010

The first day back in America. Everything seems the same, yet none of it’s the same anymore. Seeing what we have in light of what so many don’t. it is really challenging me to be a better steward of what God has given me. Simple things like clean water in a matter of seconds, where as in Haiti it would take hours to fill one bucket through a drip filtration system, and only less than 1% of the population even have that. Things like paved roads and transportation, where as in Haiti the majority of people have to walk miles and hours on end up and down mountains, most having no shoes, just to get water that isn’t even clean. I’ve been struggling, I really have. How can I come back to show much when so many have so little? I want to go back so bad, right now. But God has been speaking and I know I will go back, when and for how long I have no clue, but I do know that right now I am here, back in America. So what am I going to do with what God has taught me and allowed me to experience? How will my life change? How can I use every single thing from this week for His glory in the states? Being grateful first and foremost, being a better steward obviously. But how can I live my life in a way that reflects what I have learned and more importantly reflects the story God wrote in my life this week? I haven’t felt like talking much to anyone. Should I? Or should I just start living my life in a way that speaks for itself? I walk outside and everything seems the same, yet in mind all I see are the dirt and ruble. I pass some kids riding their bikes, yet in my mind I see my kids back in Haiti playing with rocks or trash. The simplicity, the contentment of those with so little. How can I bring that glimpse of heaven God showed me in Haiti here?

Polo playing in the rocks.


Home truly is where the heart is
and I definitely left mine in Haiti.




No comments:

Post a Comment