Saturday, October 30, 2010

Haiti Journal: Day 5


Oct. 8, 2010

I’m so broken yet so overjoyed all at the same time. My heart yearns for these kids like nothing I have never felt before. I want them to know how much they are loved, not only by me, but most of all by Jesus. We got to take the kids to the beach today. It was absolutely amazing and they had such a blast! I realized how blessed these kids at Canaan actually are. After hiking though the villages this morning I really do see that these kids are extremely blessed in Haiti terms. They have food, water, shelter, are able to attend school, and just enjoy a day at the beach. I don’t know how I’m going to adjust back in the States. God, would you use this brokenness to start a rival back home. Something, anything. And would you move people to advance the Gospel here in Haiti. I have such a heart for these people, such a heart to love in so many greater ways because of this experience. I thank You and praise You for that. Would I never forget the work you did in my heart and others this week and would you help me to use it daily for the Gospel and advancing Your Kingdom. I really did learn how to love about as close to unconditionally as I think humanly possible this week. I have such a greater appreciation for the blessings God has given to me. The simplest things like regular cars with seats or access to transportation in general, a sink that allows me to have access to clean water in seconds, and so many other things. These Haitians have to work so hard for every aspect of survival. God, I just thank you so much for this opportunity. Would you use every aspect for Your glory. Don’t let any go to waste.

I trained up some skilled sand castle builders.


 
Some of the team and kids taking a break.


No comments:

Post a Comment