Friday, October 22, 2010

Haiti Journal: Day 4


Oct. 7, 2010

I can’t believe we only have one full day left. Ronnie and I finished the admin office. It looks a million times better and will now hopefully be able to function well and fast. I got to spend some real quality time with the girls today. I love them all so much and I see just how much they long to be loved, to have someone always ready to give a hug or even acknowledge them. They told me once again how much they didn’t want me to go. They said they were going to cry when I left. I think I’m definitely going to beat them in that category. I asked Seth, our leader, if I could write them and he said yes, so I am really hoping that I actually will be able to that they will be able to write back. I also learned there is a group coming down during Spring Break, I think. I’m definitely going to look into that. These kids deserve so much more than just a week to be loved on. We got pretty much all of the painting done at the new clinic and it is looking awesome! While we were down there painting tonight we got to stop and just admire the Milky Way. Yes, you can actually see the Milky Way! There are so many stars down here. Its almost like there are more stars than there is darkness. Wouldn’t it be awesome if we would be like that to the world! We also got to see the sunset over the long stretches of ocean. It’s absolutely breathtaking. I love how the simplest moments mean so much. I love how life is so simple here. These people truly are blessed and a lot richer than we will ever be in so many ways. To not be consumed in material items and the hustle and bustle of a success drive society. I would die for people in America to spend just one day here in a place where there is so little, where you have to put hours of work into getting anything done. I pray that these kids would grow up to be world changers. To fall so in love with Jesus that the overflow can’t be contained. That it would spread through this community, this country, and the world. 



No comments:

Post a Comment