Friday, October 15, 2010

Haiti Journal: Day 3


Oct. 6, 2010

I didn’t get to spend as much time with the kids today but we got a TON of work done. Me and two other teammates, Ronnie and Steve, cleaned out and half way organized the admin part of the school.  I am hoping that this task will benefit the school in a mighty way. One of the teachers said that some of the kids just sit there without anything to do because they can’t find neither next PACES (the workbooks they use as curriculum). I also got to help paint the new medical clinic. It is such an addiction and is going to be such a blessing to this whole community. So today was definitely a lesson in being a servant. A humbled and willing servant, being willing to jump in at any task at any moment and give it your all. We got to see the sunset over the ocean. It is absolutely a testimony to God’s beautiful hand. I hate that pictures and video can never do the real view justice. I really go to know some people on the team a lot better today and it is so exciting to see so many willing servants. This team is definitely shinning God’s light into a dark world. I shared an amazing moment with a little baby girl today. I am apparently a pro at putting babies to sleep because she was out in 2 minutes solid. These kids are so adorable and the moments spent with them are even more precious! It is still so hard for me to see these kids as orphans. I feel like we’re at camp or something. But then I get back to our room and it hits me. These kids don’t get to leave. Most of these kids don’t have moms and dads or family. These kids will probably NEVER see our side of the world, will never see things we see every single day. It’s going to be hard to go home. I want to love these kids more than anyone or anything I’ve ever loved. Haiti is seriously a glimpse of heaven and I can’t begin to wrap my mind around it. It is a glimpse of absolute faith, unity, and love. Watching these pastors and Haitians worship is truly a blessing to my own heart. Seeing the extent of joy these people have and just imagining how much God has worked in their lives blows me away. That God moves through borders, languages, and cultures truly shows just how awesome and mighty our God is. He is truly MIGHT TO SAVE. 

Haitian sunset


So precious! She was knocked out cold.



No comments:

Post a Comment