Sunday, October 03, 2010

Off to Haiti

Tomorrow morning bright and early me and a team of 40 others will make our way to Canaan Orphanage. The orphanage, located in Montrouis, Haiti, is home to over 100 children. We have 7 different teams (medical, dental, work, kitchen, kids, media, and pastoral team) that will make up this trip. I think one of the most exciting things is our pastoral team who will be training 30 pastors from the poorest parts of Haiti in theology and biblical studies. What an awesome way for the Gospel to continue to go forth in a bigger and better way. I am on the kids team and will have the honor of tutoring some of the kids in the morning and running games and activities for them the rest of the day. We even have a beach trip planned for them on Friday, that means no school for them! I'm so excited to spoil these kids, even if its just for a week. 

I would like to thank all my Elevators and other sponsors. You guys absolutely amaze me and God has already used you to do a mighty work in my heart. Your generosity is about to change lives this week! I'm excited to share in this experience with you and be sure you keep a lookout for pictures! I love you all. 

I cannot even begin to imagine all the ways God is going to move this week. What an extraordinary privilege it is to not only be a child of God, but to be able to participate in advancing the Kingdom, especially in places of such devastation like Haiti. Let us never forget that Christ is worthy of our everything. Every ounce of our lives. And let us not forget about the billions of people who are so much less fortunate than us. Those who don't even have food, clean drinking water, or shelter. Those who have lost everything, including their families and even their hope. Let our overflow of God's grace fill these people's lives to the extreme, in our communities and across the world. 


Haiti - Canaan Orphanage Malnutrition Initative from andrew hudson on Vimeo.

One of the few ways God is using Canaan. 



No comments:

Post a Comment